Theologienne

A divinity student blogs her faithful, progressive Catholicism.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ash Wednesday quasi-poll

I'm actually working on a special Ash Wednesday or I guess slash Lent project for the blog, but let me throw this out really quickly:
  • What did you hear from the person who gave you ashes today: "Remember you are dust and to dust you shall return" or "Turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel?" Which do you think is better?

  • What are you doing, giving up, adding in, changing or adhering to for Lent?


A blessed and fruitful Lent to all.

2 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dust admonition is a downer. We heard the first one. I was sorry not to hear a hymn I particularly like, "If all my world is ashes, then must my heart be true..." I think I have that right. honestly, haven't fugured out my Lenten plan yet, I'm a bit behind.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo montage is wonderful. Among other things, marking Lent will include participating in a parish get-together. It will be several things in one: A blessed coming-together of the faith community... a (both blessed and sobering) reminder of the coming change from ordained leadership to lay leadership... and a reminder of certain small annoyances that we struggle to handle with the appropriate grace. In other words, a perfect illustration of the state of the church!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home